dilluns, 20 de juliol del 2015

First steps into the project


I am in Dublin with other teachers from other countries, in order to improve my English and to learn new methodologies to use in class. My objective is to be able to teach Philosophy in English in certain levels in my High-school.

I'm at the CES School Dublin, following the course Training for Teachers (CLIL), and my teachers are Stuart and Samantha. This is Stuart in action:

These are my classmates:


They are all teachers coming from different countries like Greece, Italy, Portugal, Germany, Chec Republic and Spain. Most of the time, we have to take the role of a student, just to feel how a student feels doing some activities.

The main point of these methodology (CLIL) is based on learning in context, so that the context gives more sense to the language and improves its learning process.

One of the most important instruments to get this point is to let the students the main role of the class, and to promote an active learning, for example, in using different skills and habilities in an exercise. We draw, speak, listen, collaborate, and move around the class very often.



Each day we work with a different skill, as you can see on the timetable of the course:


During the following posts I will try to explain more aspects of the course and, of curse, of Ireland and Dublin.

1 comentari:

  1. A good opportunity to learn how to teach other subjects through English

    ResponElimina